Sunday, August 30, 2009

Loan Raven Band

My city has a free concert on Sunday nights at the city's outdoor amphitheater.  I never pay much attention to those.  Today a friend of mine called to let me know there was a Celtic band called "Loan Raven" playing tonight ( http://www.loneraven.com/loneraven.htm ).  Never heard of them but I had nothing special to do tonight so I attended the concert.  Wow!  They were fantastic.  Based out of Columbus, Ohio they have played at various placed in the area but I have just never ran into them.  I sure hope the city invites them back next year.  I will have to keep my eye open for them playing at any Celtic Festivals I attend going forward. 
 
Of course I wore my kilt.  It was the USAKilt semi-tradition in the American Tradition tartan.   Of course I was the only one in a kilt.  I was also one of the younger members of the audience.  I think the average age attending was somewhere around 95.  Someone asked it I was associated with the band.  Another asked if I was playing the bagpipes that night.  After the show I had to stop at the grocery.  The cashier commented on Scottish neighbors that lived next door to here years ago. 
 
Over all it was a great evening.  I should take more notice of the city's concert series next year.  This was the last show of the season. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are for advertising or links to other sites will not posted.