Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Dinner Kilt

This year I had a couple of Christmas dinners to attend. Now that I have the dark green Stillwater heavyweight kilt I thought I would put together a Christmas look and that would be what I would wear to the dinners. It has worked out well. Of course I would be the only one in a kilt. I had a red shirt and a Christmas tie. For one dinner I wore red kilt socks and dark green for the other. I added some red tree ornaments that say "Ho Ho Ho" to the front of the sporran. They kind of drove me nuts as they make noise when you walk but for a couple of dinners I can put up with them. One lady, that I know, said she could see my balls and I had three of them. At first I was a little concerned but then realized she was speaking of the decorations.


At the first dinner of about 200 in attendance I was in the door about 30 seconds when an older lady asked what was under the kilt. Ok, now that we have that question out of they way the evening can proceed. One of the club officials said he liked the kilt but would not have had the guts to wear it himself. One of the members wanted to make sure I stopped by his table. I had never met his wife so he wanted to make sure she saw the kilt before I left. The kilt added some fun to the event.

The second dinner was much smaller with 25 in attendance. The club president wanted to make sure he got a picture. One of the wives asked if there was an event going on where I had to wearing a kilt. Well maybe the club Christmas dinner?? Did not know I needed a special event to be in town before I could wear a kilt. Overall a great dinner and we had a good time. Will do it again next year.

WCARA Christmas Dinner 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are for advertising or links to other sites will not posted.